1 in 7 Central Virginians is food insecure and 1 in 6 children in our region are not receiving the necessary nutrition.
- FeedMore is Central Virginia’s core hunger-relief organization comprised of programs that are dedicated to providing our neighbors in need with one of the most basic necessities, nourishment.
- Spanning nearly one-third of the state – from the Northern Neck to Louisa and south to the North Carolina border – FeedMore serves nearly 200,000 individuals in our region’s most vulnerable populations – children, families and seniors.
- Through its programs and Partner Agency Network, FeedMore provides nearly 51,000 meals each day to feed hungry neighbors in the 34 cities and counties across Central Virginia.
- FeedMore supports more than 300 partner agencies including pantries, emergency shelters, rehab centers, soup kitchens and senior and child care centers throughout our community.
- Last year, FeedMore distributed 18.6 million meals to the children, families and seniors who struggle with hunger in Central Virginia.
- FeedMore’s Kids Cafe program provides a nutritious snack and/or a hot healthy evening meal at more than 60 afterschool programs every day during the school year. Approximately 1,900 children throughout our region are fed each day through this program.
- Created to ensure that children of low-income households continue to receive meals during the summer, FeedMore’s Summer Food Service Program provides meals, free of charge to children 18 years and under, at nearly 50 locations throughout greater Richmond during the summer months.
- FeedMore’s BackPack program provides chronically hungry children with nutritious and easy-to-prepare food for six well-balanced meals at times when other resources are not available, including weekends, holidays and school vacations. Through this program, FeedMore provides 11,500 meals each weekend to more than 1,900 at-risk children.
- FeedMore’s Mobile Pantry addresses communities or areas where there is limited access to food and/or grocery stores. Each month, FeedMore delivers approximately 92,000 pounds of food for well-balanced meals to people in their communities where they live, improving their access to healthy, nutritious food.
- Connecting individuals who call in and need food with a local partner agency or pantry, last year, FeedMore’s Hunger Hotline provided emergency food assistance to more than 16,000 individuals, including nearly 7,000 children.
- FeedMore’s Meals on Wheels program is dedicated to improving the quality of life of homebound seniors and disabled neighbors by providing support through nutritious meal deliveries, daily social interactions, safety checks and more. With the help of dedicated, compassionate volunteers, in 2015, FeedMore delivered more than 920,400 cooked-from-scratch meals to over 56,000 recipients.
- Focused on providing low-income seniors with a monthly box of wholesome food to supplement their diet, FeedMore’s Commodity Supplemental Food Program improves the overall health status of these individuals while helping them stretch their food dollars.
- There are many ways you can join the movement to end hunger in Central Virginia. The trifecta of support at FeedMore is food, funds and/or time.
- Food – a food drive is a great way to help FeedMore keep the shelves of its Distribution Center stocked for its Partner Agency Network and programs.
- Funds – 95.8 cents of every gift goes directly back into FeedMore’s programs to help neighbors in need.
- Time – FeedMore relies on 250 volunteers every single day and are always looking for compassionate friends to help fight hunger.